Individual therapy: Insights has a team of therapists/psychologists offering individual therapy for children, adolescents and adults. We specialize in helping people with the symptoms related to Asperger’s, Autism, ADHD, anxiety, and depression. Could you or your child benefit from working on any of the following:
- Social skills
- Coping tools for anxiety or depression
- Independence/transition planning
- Executive functioning skills
- Identify individual strengths
- Develop a plan just for you!
Family Therapy: Family therapy will help identify your families’ strengths (you’re already doing so many things right, keep doing them)! We will also explore family dynamics that may be increasing negative behaviors (remember, there’s a fine line between being supportive and being enabling, and it can be hard to tell the difference)! We’ll help you get unstuck. You’re the expert on your family, we’re just there to help you do some fine tuning. Could your family benefit from working on:
- Decreasing conflict
- Identifying unhelpful patterns
- Working through a new diagnosis of Autism, Asperger’s, ADHD, or anxiety
Couples Therapy: Insights specializes in working with couples in which one or both of the partners has an Autism Spectrum Disorder (Autism, Asperger’s), anxiety, or depression. Could your relationship benefit from working on:
- Developing tools to improve your relationship
- Improving communication
- Learning how your/your partner’s diagnosis affects your relationship
Sibling Therapy: Siblings of children with autism often need support in understanding their sibling’s developmental disability, understanding how they can help their sibling, and managing the stressors and difficulties often inherent to having a sibling with special needs. Could your nondisabled child benefit from working on:
- Understanding their sibling’s disability
- Improve their interactions with their sibling
- Work through feelings of anxiety, frustration or jealousy related to having a sibling with special needs
Please contact Insights to schedule an appointment or obtain more information about the therapies we offer.
Insights offers a variety of psycho-educational and social support groups. We specialize in offering groups related to the specific needs of children, adolescents, and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders (Autism and Asperger’s).
Men’s Social Support Groups: Insights offers groups for men with High Functioning Autism/Asperger’s who are interested in making friends, increasing social skills, discussing issues related to Autism Spectrum Disorders, and exploring independence, transition, dating, and job-related skills.
- Ages 18-30+
- Ages 35-45
- Ages 45+
Women’s Social Support Groups: Insights offers groups for women with High Functioning Autism/Asperger’s who are interested in making friends, increasing social skills, discussing issues related to Autism Spectrum Disorders, and exploring independence, transition, dating, and job-related skills.
- Ages 18-30+
- Ages 35-45
- Ages 45+
Social Skills Groups: Insights offers social skills groups for children and adolescents with Autism/Asperger’s. We focus on:
- Reciprocal conversational skills, including initiating and maintaining conversation, recognizing conversational leads, asking and answering questions, managing interruptions, changing the subject, and ending a conversation
- Making simple small talk
- Reading and effectively using nonverbal cues,
- Learn and follow unwritten social norms; these are societal rules and cultural norms that people are expected to know and follow
- How to make appropriate conversational repairs
- Expressing empathy and sympathy appropriately
- Advocating appropriately for his needs
- Giving and receiving constructive criticism
- Understand friendship and develop basic friendship skills
- Develop and practice social problem solving skills
- Practice cooperative play skills
Please contact Insights today for more information on our current groups or with any questions you might have. We offer a free 15-minute phone consultation.